Word document or word file is very common to us. For office or for our personal work we create word file everyday. We input many important information in this word file. Nowadays, the all data or information of all office is maintained by the computer. Word document has a great role on it. Sometimes we need to protect these word document or word file with password for the security. You can easily protect word document adding a password with it. By adding the password, your word document will remain safe. When someone will try to open your file, they must need the password. We will know today how to password protect word document or word file.
How to password protect word document
1) Go to File> Save as option first to save your document. You can save your files to any folder or any location of your computer. Now navigate to the folder where you want to save the file.
2) Then click on Tools button presented beside the Save button. Now you can see a drop-down menu.
3) Now you can see the General Options from the drop-down menu. Here enter your password in Password to Open field. Then click on OK.
4) After hitting on Ok button, a dialog box will appear to confirm the password. Now give the password again to confirm. Then click on OK.
5) Then you will return to the Save As window. Click the Save button to save your Word document in your computer. Now you are done.
Now your password protect word document or your word file. When anyone open this password protect word document, he/she need the password to open the file. I hope you understood this simple tutorial. Yet if you have any questions, you can input it in the bellow comment box. That’s all for today. Thanks for all.
Last Updated : August 3, 2016