Compressed gas cylinder safety is the most important issue for the users. Because, The main cause of accidents of compressed gas cylinder at house is defective using . The accident or blast can be controlled completely by maintenance and proper manner using of cylinders. So, You should have aware about the use of the cylinder before use it.
In this regard, the Chief Inspector of Explosives Department of Bangladesh, Shamsul Islam has some important advice. He said that the imported and country made LPG and Compressed gas cylinder are all in standard quality. So, the users shouldn’t become much worry about these compressed gas cylinder safety. For importing of the cylinders and the metallic body of the vessel would be like good quality as there is a strong law regarding this. To import any kind of compressed gas cylinder or LPG gas cylinder, importer must take the clearance from the Explosive Department. The local organization who also produced the gas cylinder imported metallic sheet from Japan. As a result, each cylinder is standard quality. He said the accident happened for usage errors. It needs more awareness about compressed gas cylinder safety. Read More: Photography tips to take good pictures with a cell phone.
Important Compressed gas cylinder safety tips
- LP gas cylinder placed vertically, the gas cylinder in the ground floor and use a stove or any other device kept higher than that cylinder is the good compressed gas cylinder safety tip . Keep Safety caps with the cylinder. Use safety caps at the end of the cylinder usage, and kept the doors and windows open during cooking.
- Before using the compressed gas cylinder, check out the material safety Data Sheet and the label attached the cylinder. Cylinders should be kept vertically in a place where the movement of vehicles or people don’t have. Cylinder should be kept in such places where the free movement of cold air present.
- Compressed gas cylinder must be protected from shock or falling. This is the most important compressed gas cylinder safety checklist handling at home. Safety shoes and socks should use during handling the cylinder. Carts would be appropriate to move the cylinders.
- Stored combustible gas cylinder leakage test should be done by the lather but not open fire. The sources of heat and fire and flammable objects should be kept away from gas cylinder.
- The cylinders with gas and cylinders without gas should be kept separate.
- Oil or Grieg can not be used in cylinder.
- Unnecessary force can not be applied to open and close of the bulb.
- Don’t cover any damage or injuries to repair the compressed gas cylinder if the color stains. Any damage was immediately concerned once the cylinder must be returned to the company.
- Emergency phone numbers should be required.
- After using the cylinder, the gas connections should be stopped. Before burning the stove, struck a match to light. At the end of cooking, the oven will turn off, and then stop all gas connections. Any pot can not be unmounted from the burring oven.
- If you smell any burning should refrain from the use of materials gas lights, the electric fan. You should open the door to the room. Needs to be read out of the house quickly.
- Compressed gas cylinder must be kept safe from the direct sunlight, rain and heat. Regulators will have to be switched off after use.
- Cylinder whether empty or full, must be affixed to the cap after use. During cooking, do not use nylon shirt, use cotton fabric apron.
- Cylinder can not be repaired by manually or with an inexperienced person.
- Around the cylinder can not burn dry wood, coal, or anything else. The cylinder can not be kept in closed place.
- Long-lasting and safe transmission pipe can be used to avoid accidents. Can not be taken away from the cooking stove.
- You should not smoke at side of cylinder.
These are the most important compressed gas cylinder safety tips for safe handling at home. There are some regulations and rules for the compressed gas cylinder distributors. They must attach the all necessary instructions on the gas cylinder therefore users can check out the compressed gas cylinder safety guidelines from there.